The great Architect Frank Lloyd Wright was given the challenge of building the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo, one of the most earthquake-prone cities in the world. Wright’s investigation showed that a solid foundation could be “floated” on a sixty-foot layer of soft mud underlying the hotel, which would provide a shock-absorbing but solid support for the immense building. Shortly after the hotel was completed it withstood the worst earthquake in fifty-two years, while lesser buildings fell in ruins around it. (Today in the Word, March 1989, p. 6.)
The Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy is going to fall. Scientists travel yearly to measure the building’s slow descent. They report that the 179-foot tower moves about one-twentieth of an inch a year, and is now 17 feet out of plumb. They further estimate that by the year 2007 the 810-year old tower will have leaned too far and will collapse onto the nearby ristorante, where scientists now gather to discuss their findings. Quite significantly, the word “pisa” means “marshy land,” which gives some clue as to why the tower began to lean even before it was completed. Also–its foundation is only 10 feet deep! Building like Frank Lloyd Wright is what building on the teachings of Jesus is like. We are building on Him and His word and not some made up version of Jesus.
When we build on a made-up version of Jesus or twist His words to be what we want them to be, that foundation will crumble. It will not stand and it will not hold. All who have built on an insecure and unstable foundation will come to ruin. We see this all over. Many old houses and barns are in ruins now because they did not have a sure foundation. Hearing and reading God’s Word is absolutely essential. But if you stop there, disaster will result. The Bible wasn’t meant to be merely studied and memorized; it was meant to be believed and obeyed. (Evans, Tony, The Tony Evans Bible Commentary, B&H Publishing Group, 1237).
Please as we begin the New Year 2023, let us build everything on Christ alone and not just on shaky earthly emotions, sensationalism, consumerism, philosophies, wisdom, certain teachers or leaders, or political movements. This is the only way to have a secured and Solid-Rock Foundation that will be storm proof and time tested and last for eternity. Welcome to the first month and the New Year and get ready to get settled and established in the land (Amen and Shalom)
Click here for the
Monthly Prophetic Prayer Power-Points
- Today I declare that I will base the foundation of my life on the Solid-Rock of Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2: 19)
- In the Name of Jesus Christ I decree that the word of God will be my sure foundation at all times (Matthew 7: 24)
- Today I declare that my destiny is based on the agape love of God and not on the negative fear of mankind (1 John 4: 18)
- In the Name of Jesus Christ I am anchored by the solid-rock foundation of the power of God (Ephesians 3: 20)
- Today I declare that the Holy Spirit will destroy every evil foundational problem in my life and family (Mark 11: 20-24)
- In the Name of Jesus Christ my destiny purpose is based on the living hope foundation of God (Psalm 87:1)
- Today I anchor my destiny on the sure foundation of His sure mercies (Isaiah 55: 3)
ConclusionI PRAY TODAY MY DESTINY FOUNDATION WILL NOT BE DESTROYED BY SINS, AND DEVIL AND HIS CO-WORKERS (PSALM 11: 3)